Students with a strong interest in biomedical studies can earn a diploma of distinction after successfully completing the requirements for the Christian Academy of Louisville School of Biomedical Science.
Requirements for successful completion are
- Submission of a formal application for admittance
- Minimum membership of two years in HOSA – Future Health Professionals – a national association for the preparation of students entering the healthcare field
- Completion of specified science classes
- Completion of the four PLTW Biomedical Science courses
- Annual completion of applicable papers, journals and portfolios
- Participation in the Global Missions Health Conference before graduation
- 30 hours of service in a medical field
- Active CPR certification upon graduation
- 3.25 unweighted GPA in all core and elective science classes
A year-by-year display of course and support requirements is listed below.