The Rock Creek Junior Academy (Preschool) program is available for students, Monday- Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. and the “school day” hours are 8:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Before school care (7-8:15 a.m.) and after school care (3:30-6 p.m.) are offered at no additional cost.
Current research reveals that early childhood is an important time of rapid development in the life of young children. The goal of the Rock Creek Junior Academy (Preschool) Program is to stimulate a child’s physical, mental, emotional, and social development while maintaining a strong spiritual emphasis. The philosophy of our scripture-based curriculum is that young children learn best by doing. Understanding that play is their “work,” our program offers a balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities to prepare the children for future academic growth and development.
A nurturing environment is provided by Christian teachers who celebrate the individuality of each child and recognize that each child is a precious gift created by God.
Our program features:
- An emphasis on preparation for Kindergarten.
- Concentration on early skills development in phonics, language, and math.
- Opportunities to participate with an active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Chapel service focused on the weekly Bible story.
- Degreed teachers in every classroom.
Our preschool program also offers these optional activities for an additional fee:
- Stretch-n-Grow Classes
- Little Tikes Computer Classes
- 4 Kicks 4 Kids Soccer Classes
Click here to learn more about Providence, a program for Junior Academy (Preschool) and Elementary students with Down syndrome at our Rock Creek Campus and Middle School students at our English Station Campus.