Indiana Choice Scholarship Program
The Choice Scholarship (voucher) Program was established in 2011 to provide every Indiana student access to the school that best meets their learning needs. The Choice Scholarship provides qualified students financial aid to help pay tuition at a non-public school of their choice.
How to Qualify
- STEP 1: Meet Income Requirement
Families must meet the income requirement of 300% of the federal Free or Reduced-Price School Meals (FRL):
Household Size Household Income to Qualify 1 $71,484 2 $96,681 3 $121,878 4 $147,075 5 $172,272 6 $197,469 7 $222,666 8 $247,863 9 $273,060 10 $298,257
- STEP 2: Meet a Pathway
The student must then meet one of the following student eligibility criteria referred to as “pathways” or “tracks”:
- Two Semesters in a Public School Track – The student attended an Indiana K-12 public school (including a charter) for at least two semesters immediately preceding the first semester of receiving a Choice Scholarship.
- “F” Public School Track – The student would be required to attend a specific public school based on his/her residency that that has been assigned an “F” grade. (However, he or she is not required to attend that public school before becoming eligible nor return to that school should the grade be raised).
- Special Education Track – The student has a disability that requires special education services and has an individualized education plan (IEP) or service plan (SP).
- Foster Care Track – The student is in foster care.
- Sibling Track – The sibling of the newly applying student received either a Choice Scholarship or an SGO Scholarship in a previous school year, including a school year that does not immediately precede the school year for which the student is applying for a Choice Scholarship.
- Previous Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) Track – The student received an SGO Scholarship in a previous school year, including a school year that does not immediately precede the school year for which the student is applying for a Choice Scholarship.
- Previous Choice Scholarship Student Track – The student received a Choice Scholarship in a previous school year, including a school year that does not immediately precede the school year for which the student is applying.
You can visit www.in.gov/doe/students/indiana-choice-scholarship-program/ for more information about Indiana School Choice.
Indiana SGO Scholarship Information
Christian Academy of Indiana partners with Sagamore Institute Scholarships for Education Choice, our Scholarship Granting Organization. Sagamore manages our Indiana tax credit donations to award SGO Scholarships as part of the Indiana Choice Scholarship program.
In order to qualify for a SGO Scholarship, you must meet the below household size and income eligibility requirements:
300% of Free/Reduced Meal Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Income Limit|
Receiving a SGO Scholarship gives families a ‘track’ into the Choice Scholarship program the following year.