Below is an overview of benefits Christian Academy School System offers. Complete policy and benefit details are available in our Employee Handbook.
HEALTH INSURANCE AND OTHER BENEFITS
Eligibility of the following benefits begins the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Click here to view the Benefits at a Glance PDF.
Tuition discounts for employees with school age children are offered for children in Kindergarten-12th grade.
- 50% discount for all full-time faculty beginning on the first day of employment.
- A prorated discount from 0% – 50% based on scheduled annual number of work hours is offered for non- teaching employees after the first year of employment. Beginning on the first day of employment, the employee will receive half of the total discount.
In addition, tuition assistance may be available to those who qualify based on need. The Tuition Assistance Coordinator may be contacted for additional information.
We want to minimize the economic hardships that may result from an unexpected short-term illness or personal injury to an employee. Therefore, we provide paid sick days beginning the first day of employment. Employees must use all paid time off before any unpaid time off is approved.
- Full-time employees are granted 10 sick days each year. Three of these days may be used as personal days.
- Part-time employees are eligible for paid sick/personal days on a prorated basis.
- At the end of the school year, unused sick days will be banked for future use up to 50 sick days.
- Sick days issued for the current school year and/or banked sick days may be used when the employee or the employee’s immediate family member undergoes:
- Employees must use all paid time off before any unpaid time off is approved.
FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT (“FMLA”)
Employees with a minimum of 12 months of employment and 1,250 hours of service during the 12-month period immediately preceding the commencement of the leave, may be eligible for a total of 12 work weeks of unpaid family or medical leave during the applicable 12-month period.
Leave may be taken for the following reasons:
- The birth of the employee’s child or for the placement of a child with the employee for adoption or foster care.
- In order to care for the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent who has a serious health condition. If the child is over 18 years old, he or she must be unable to care for himself or herself due to a serious health condition.
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the functions of his or her position. A “serious health condition” usually requires either inpatient care or continuing treatment by or under the supervision of a health care provider.
- A covered family member’s active duty or call to active duty in the Armed Forces or to care for an injured or ill covered service member. A covered member is a current member of the Armed Forces and/or National Guard or Reserves. Additional details/requirements for this type of leave are available through Human Resources.
We provide paid bereavement leave for all regular full-time employees, when experiencing a death in the immediate family.
- Immediate family consists of spouse, children and stepchildren, (step) siblings, (step) parents or legal guardian, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, grandchildren and grandparents
- Paid Leave:
- Up to three working days for in-town services
- Up to five working days for out-of-town travel
Paid vacation benefits are provided to year-round (12 month) employees (both full-time employees and part-time employees on a prorated basis) for their rest and relaxation. Newly hired full-time employees may use five paid vacation days after completing six months of service and the remaining five days after completing one full year of service. Newly hired part-time employees are eligible for prorated vacation time after completing six months of service. Eligible full-time employees earn vacation time annually on each anniversary date according to the schedule below:
- Less than 10 years of completed service – 10 days
- After ten years of completed service – 15 days
- After fifteen years of completed service – 20 days
JURY DUTY LEAVE
Any employee at Christian Academy School System who serves on a jury in any duly constituted local, state, or federal court shall be granted leave with full compensation for the period of actual jury service.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to be involved in professional development activities. Attendance in approved seminars, training sessions and conferences are included.
We encourage employees to attend mission trips during non-school time, such as breaks and summer. Employees approved to chaperone Christian Academy-sponsored trips may be granted professional leave and may participate in one trip per school year.
The following days are the nine paid holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
COMPANY PAID EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Lincoln’s Financial Group (EAP Services provided through ComPsych)
This benefit is available to any employee enrolled in the long-term disability coverage for emotional matters, financial planning and legal matters. Employees have access to counselors either by phone or face-to-face, also available are referrals to local services and/or resources and self-assessment tools.