Congratulations to the 12 CAI students that are Participating in this Year’s Indiana All State Honor Choirs
Last weekend, the elementary and middle school Honor Choirs met, rehearsed and performed in Indianapolis. Both ensembles sounded amazing! The high school All State Honor Choir will be rehearsing and performing on Friday, June 4, in Indianapolis. Great job developing your voices for the Lord, students!
Elementary Honor Choir Participants:
Jude Allen (4)
Emma Clifton (4)
Grace Dorsey (4)
Natalie Hammond (4)
Mason Hodge (4)
Elijah Pavlica (4)
Lydia Stewart (5)
Laura Tackett (4)
Middle School Honor Choir Participant:
Kate White (7)
All State Honor Choir:
Adelaide Buchanan (9)
Loran Palmer (10)
Leyden Pavlica (9)
Shop online at www.landsend.com/cass/.
Introducing High School, in addition to the previously announced Elementary, Christian Academy Virtual Campus Opportunities
Click here for complete details!
REMINDER: Sign Up and Submit Payment for Christian Academy of Indiana’s Summer 2021 Theatre Performance Camp by May 21
We will be offering our CAI Theatre Performance Camp this summer from June 14-18, and 21-25. Times are based on your student’s grade level for the current school year with high school / middle school students from 8:30 a.m.-12 noon and elementary students from 1-4:30 p.m. Performances at the conclusion of camp will be June 25, at 4:30 p.m. The high school / middle school students will be performing a variety of skits and musical numbers. These will range from skits like Abbott and Costello to music from Wicked. We have a vast array of ideas but we also are looking forward to the students input on this as part of the creative team. The elementary students will be performing Aladdin Kids. There are a lot of great roles and opportunities for growth through this show.
Please Note: We want to clarify that due to the fact that theatre wasn’t available for elementary this year, we are allowing the current 5th grade students to choose between joining the middle school students in the morning for camp or the elementary students in the afternoon. Please see the following/original email for the difference between the camps. Also, please make sure to clarify which camp your 5th grader will be attending on the form. Please let us know if you have any questions.
The purposes of camp are –
- to develop individual talents and a greater love and appreciation for theatre.
- to give different opportunities and experiences on the stage.
- to give more exposure and techniques to theatre.
- to give a better understanding of the different responsibilities in the theatre world.
The main objectives of camp are –
- High School – to learn multiple skits, songs and choreography to perform with excellence at the end of the camp. This will include allowing the students to be a part of the creative processes in choreography, script selection, staging, props and costumes. High School students also have the opportunity to help with the other section of the camp.
- Middle School – to learn how to stretch themselves in portraying specific characters on stage. This will include characterization, stage presence, rules of improv and many other skills. This will include allowing the students to be a part of the creative processes in choreography, script selection, staging, props and costumes.
- Elementary School – to receive more experience on the stage acting and singing. Developing all around talents that are needed in theatre, such as stage presence, choreography, singing and how to make the show the best it can be. The first day will focus on auditions. Instructions and help will be provided as the students prepare to audition for the available roles. Tips and personalized instruction will be given before the auditions are held that day.
The total cost is $225 ($200 for additional children in the same family) and includes a camp shirt, two tickets for the performance (per child enrolled), all staging and props needed, as well as all teaching materials.
If you are interested, please complete the sign-up form and return it to the office or Dr. Jason Branim along with payment by Friday, May 21 (extensions may be granted upon request).
We look forward to seeing everyone!
CAI is pleased to announce that we will be holding a few youth sports camps over the summer. This is a program we hope will continue to grow and we encourage all our Warriors to join in on the fun! Please click here for more information on how to register and what paperwork needs to be completed. This is a 3-step process and payment must be submitted in order for athletes to be registered for the camp. Click here for the link to begin with the first step.
Thank you all and we look forward to our Warriors joining us this summer!
Please remember that your child must be registered for the sport to participate in summer workouts as well as have the proper paperwork on file. Athletes will need to get a physical this year on top of completing the additional paperwork. Information on registration and paperwork can be found by here.
Orders may be made online at yearbookforever.com.
Note: If you’d like to add a name stamp to your yearbook, make sure to purchase by Friday, April 30.
The CAL Youth Football FUNdamentals Camp at Christian Academy of Louisville – Southwest has been cancelled for tomorrow, April 24, due to inclement weather. We plan to reschedule but, in the mean time, you may join us at English Station on Tuesday, April 27, on the turf field and/or Thursday, April 29, on the practice field behind the stadium from 6-8 p.m. each night. As a reminder, please contact me if your player is interested in participating. You can register via email at email@example.com or text (502) 529-9741 (need to dial the area code). Please provide your player’s name (first/last), grade, parent(s) names and contact number.
All CAL boys CURRENTLY in grades K-5 with an interest in working on football skills. All boys are welcome regardless of prior experience. You do not have to have played football to participate in our drills.
T-Shirt, Shorts, Cleats or Tennis Shoes
A water bottle/jug and a Positive Attitude and Willingness to work hard!
This is a No-Cost event. But registration is encouraged! Register with Rebecca Mauzy.
We hope this will springboard our youth teams into a fun filled and successful 2021 football season.
Purchase Tickets at Both Front Desks and Online at cai.booktix.com.