The Christian Academy School of the Arts – Performing Arts exists to empower student talent, passion and confidence to intentionally impact their world for the glory of God. The vision of Christian Academy is to serve God through Innovation, Influence, and Independence. We are committed to Innovation in our offering of excellent educational opportunities, Influence through our spiritual distinctiveness and outreach, and Independence by virtue of our uncompromising stewardship.
Our mission will be accomplished through:
- An environment that reflects support by Christian peers, adults and professional artists.
- Encouragement to creatively and intentionally demonstrate their gifts for the glory of God and Christ.
- Opportunity to perform and compete in a manner that develops passion and confidence.
- Group and individual attention and instruction in the development of talents.
- Standards of excellence in all we do and how we do it.
Philosophy and Goals
The educational philosophy of the Christian Academy School of The Arts is based on a Biblical view of God, man, truth, and music education. God created music so that man may glorify and honor Him with song through performance. In Psalm 150 it says, “Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens! Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp! Praise Him with tambourine and dance; praise Him with strings and pipe! Praise Him with sounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!” The entire process of music education is seen as a means used by God to bring the student into fellowship with Him in music, to develop a Christian mind in Him and to train the student in Godly living so that he or she can fulfill God’s total purpose for his or her life through music.
“A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into His presence with singing!”