ANNOUNCEMENTS – Monday, November 28 RED DAY
- Break – Chick-fil-A chicken minis
- Soups – Mexican street corn, loaded potato
- Lunch – Cheeseburger, lettuce/tomato, apple sauce, chips
If you turn 16 over Christmas break and plan to take the driver’s permit test, you will need to secure your School Compliance Form by December 16. See Mrs. Anderson to obtain your form. The office will not be open during the break and you will need to wait until January 4.
- Elementary and middle school are looking for high school students who are interested in tutoring students for service hours or for pay. Please see Mrs. Blount if you are interested.
- Blackacre Country Christmas – We need Santa’s helpers for serving cookies and hot cocoa, assisting with Santa photos in the barn, helping in the gift shop, assisting with hay rides, parking and helping kids with a Christmas craft on Saturday, December 3, from 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The event is from 12-4 p.m. If you are unable to volunteer on that day but need service hours or just want to help, we need a lot of Christmas cookies for that day. You can count your hours to shop, bake and deliver! For more information, call (502) 266.9802.
- Need service hours? How about helping special needs children and their families during a Christmas party? The event is a sensory-friendly Christmas party on Saturday, December 10, from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Ecotech (6108 Sable Mill Court, Jeffersonville, IN, 47130). For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kentuckiana Pool Management is now hiring lifeguards & pool attendants. Certification classes are available. Call 719-406-3674 or kentuckiana-pmg.com for more information.
- Job Opportunity in CAL Athletics – Attention Juniors and Seniors: The CAL Athletic Department is looking for junior and senior students to work gate admissions for CAL home games. Gate positions are paid $12 per hour. Interested students need to apply in the CAL Human Resource offices located in the hallway between the media center and the high school office.
- The KY Federation of Republican Women grants a $1,500 scholarship to a college-bound high school senior girl who is active within the Republican Party and is or will be a registered Republican and plans to enroll in a college in KY. See your counselor for an application.
- Lands’ End Starboard Scholarship is accepting applications now through January 19, 2023. The Scholarship acknowledges and rewards students who display exceptional leadership skills. Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to apply for one of five scholarships worth $5,000. For more information and to apply, go to apply.scholarsapply.org.
- Attending the University of Kentucky in fall 2023 and interested in healthcare? UK offers an athletic training student aide program with scholarship opportunities. If interested, see your counselor for application materials. Application deadline is February 27, 2023.
- Juniors: Murray State University is hosting the Commonwealth Honors Academy June 3 – 24, 2023. The Academy is a three week interdisciplinary living-learning environment. Participants receive 6 hours of university studies credit, in-state full-tuition scholarship (with a 3.5 high school GPA and a minimum 25 ACT score). If you are interested in applying, see your counselor. The student application deadline is March 15, 2023.