Announcements – Monday, October 9 RED DAY
BREAK: Chick-fil-A chicken minis
SOUPS: Chicken pot pie, beef vegetable
- PICTURE make-up is on Wednesday, October 11 for 9-11 AND for senior tux & drape. If you have not had your photo taken this year, this is the last opportunity! 9-11, if you don’t like your photos, return the photo packet on 10/11 and have the $10 retake fee. Seniors, if you don’t like your photos, please bring $20 for your retake fee. Email Mrs. Elliott firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the list!
- Homecoming tickets will be $15 at the door!
Anyone interested in participating in this year’s chapel band needs to fill out the Google form at this LINK. Our first rehearsal will be in the band room following Fall Break on Wednesday, Oct. 11th at 7:30 a.m. If you have any questions please see Mr. Wooten.
- Juniors…have you ordered your class ring yet? If you need another packet, please pick one up in the office. The ring ceremony is on November 2nd and it takes 6-8 weeks once the ring is ordered. Here are the links…let your parents know! Class Ring Information CAL class rings at jostens.com
- The 2024 Centurion High School Yearbook is now on sale! Take advantage of the EARLY BIRD pricing and purchase the high school yearbook for $45 by October 27th. Simply click here to order a book.
10/9- HOSA Meeting in the Media Center at break!! Please get there ASAP, so we have plenty of time to hear from this month’s speaker.
Students needing to fulfill their Graduated Driver Licensing requirement can register for a free class by going to www.kentuckysafedriver.com and clicking on the Alive at 25 link located under Courses or by calling 502/699-2295 to register for a class that will be held on: Thursday, October 19 at Christian Academy of Louisville from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
CAL will host a Christian College Fair on Tuesday, October 24th at 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Red Gym. This is a great opportunity to meet around 30 college admissions representatives from a variety of colleges. To Register for the fair, go to https://www.findyourchristiancollege.com/college-fairs/louisville-ky-christian-college-fair
- Nothing BUNDT Cakes is hiring! Please email email@example.com or call 502-874-5848
- Tutors Needed: Sophomore, Junior or Senior Girl Needed to Tutor in Geometry after school. Please see Mrs. Blount
- CAL Gate Workers needed! Pay is $12 an hour. Workers will be sent out a monthly schedule where they can pick and choose dates and times that work for their schedule. Job duties include ticket taking, simple math when making change, and at times directing visitors to the correct field location. Pick up an application in the office!
- Aqua-Tots is hiring! Apply at aqua-tots.com/employment
- Elementary needs students to tutor for Service Hours. Please see Mrs. Blount if you are interested.
- Governor’s Scholars Program– The Governor’s Scholars Program is a stimulating, five-week residential summer program for outstanding Kentucky students completing their Junior year of high school. Applications to apply for GSP were handed out at the meeting during break on 9/21. If you were unable to attend the meeting, see your counselor for more information and instructions on applying. Applications are due to your counselor by 3:10 on Friday, November 3rd.
- Governor’s School for the Arts– The Governor’s School for the Arts is looking for current Kentucky high school sophomores and juniors with skill in their art form, passion for creativity, an open mind, a collaborative spirit, and an eagerness for learning. To learn more about the program, register for an informational webinar here . Applications are completed online and must be submitted by January 14th at 11:59 pm. Finalists are announced and auditions are completed in February/March 2024.
- Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs- GSE is a three-week summer program for high school students to develop lifelong entrepreneurial skills. Applications will be available at www.kentuckygse.com in October for interested students.
- Southeast Christian Church is hosting a dinner and guided conversation for teens who were adopted and have experienced foster care. Therapist and transracial adoptee, Cam Lee Small will share his story while walking us through unpacking and honoring our own stories. The event will be on September 29 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM. RSVP is required HERE. Any questions email CTroyer@secc.org.
- Seniors – The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. The Foundation has provided over 6,750 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $81 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. The 2024 application is now open here The deadline to apply is Monday, October 2, 2023,by 5 pm EST
- The Heisman® High School Scholarship supports education, recognizes achievement, and celebrates male and female community-minded high school student-athletes around the country. Seniors, if you strive for excellence in the classroom, on the playing field, and in your community, now’s the time to apply for your chance to earn up to a $10,000 scholarship. Apply here by October 17th at 6:00 pm.
- The Better Business Bureau is offering 1st, 2nd and 3rd place scholarships to 9-12 grade students in the following categories: short essay, video, graphic design and visual arts. The theme is trust and the essay prompt is: How do you demonstrate that you are trustworthy and how do you recognize trustworthiness in others? See your counselor for more information. Due Date: Friday, October 27th, 2023 by 4:30 pm