ANNOUNCEMENTS Monday, March 27 RED DAY
- Break – Chick-fil-A chicken minis
- Soups – Chicken & dumplings, chili
- Lunch – Mini corn dogs, carrots with dip, peaches, cookie
- Lost and found is overflowing…please claim YOUR item before it is donated.
- School of Spiritual Formation Pathway: If you are interested in joining the School of Spiritual Formation pathway then applications are available in the high school office or from Mr. Leaman. The deadline to turn in your application is Friday, March 31.
- If you have requested Culinary Arts for next year, please pick up an application outside of the Home Ec. room (room 118).
- Prom- Juniors and Seniors, please join us on Friday, May 12th, for the 2023 Christian Academy Promenade Banquet & Dance at Mellwood Art Center! $70 Tickets will be sold April 10th – April 23rd. Late Tickets will be sold for $80. If you are bringing a non-CAL date, please pick up a permission form in the office. On Prom Day, Juniors and Seniors will be dismissed after the 2nd block. YOU MUST BE AT SCHOOL TWO FULL BLOCKS TO ATTEND PROM. NO early dismissals, NO appointments, NO coming late/leaving early. Plan ahead to avoid disappointment!
- Parking…student parking is across the front of the school, 1st come, 1st to park. There is no “senior” or “junior” lot. If the front of the school is full, you cannot park at the side of the school as that is faculty and staff. You can only park down by the pond, in front of the outdoor classroom, facing into the classroom/pond. Do not park facing the school. The number begins at 401 and goes to 361. Please don’t park outside of that number bank as the other parking spots are assigned. Fines are $10 so if you have any questions, please come and ask before a ticket is given.
- Buff Puff: March 27th from 7pm to 9pm – Freshman vs Sophomores and Juniors vs Seniors; Permission Forms are located in Room 108 (Whitford’s Room)…you must sign up to participate; $5 to participate; donations at the door
- Need extra cash? Looking for a female junior/senior to drop off a MS and HS student home after school in the Woodmont neighborhood. Please call for pay details. 502-608-6266.
Abigail Academy is a Foundation that offers Scripture-based life skill Camps to girls aged 5-13 via Summer Camps in Louisville Kentucky. Applications are open for these summer opportunities: volunteer spots, internships, and even paid camp counselor positions Linked here is more information on our Foundation. Contact for Abigail Academy is Carolle Siegel email@example.com or 502.500.7071
Bellarmine University is offering camp sessions in a wide range of subjects such as Study Skills, Test Prep, Career Exploration and Creative Arts. Camps will be offered June 5 – July 28. To learn more and to register go to the Bellarmine website Our website
- Applications are available for the 2023 CAL Scholarships – See your counselor for an application. Please turn in to your counselor by Friday, March 31st at 3:10.
- PTO – $1,000 to 1 male and to 1 female who demonstrate a Christ-centered life, positive example for others, apply a consistent effort in academics, genuine concern for others, demonstrates exemplary conduct and Christian character
- Alumni – $1,000 to a student who demonstrates Christian character, has attended CAL for 4 years, strong involvement in extracurricular activities
- Eberle Orthodontics – $1,000 to a senior male who is pursuing the calling to become a preaching pastor, applies a consistent effort in Bible study and academics, demonstrates a Christ-centered life, has plans to attend a conservative Christian college, with values similar to CAL
- Parr Family Memorial Scholarship – $2,500 to a student who demonstrates a loving and accepting attitude, generosity, compassion, sees the beauty in the differences of others, offers encouragement to others and is actively involved in community service.
- The Chapel in the Woods Bill McKinley Memorial Scholarship – $5,000 to a student who plans to pursue undergraduate course work in the field of Education at an accredited Christian college or university.
- HOSA (Future Health Professionals) – $300 to a student who demonstrates leadership in HOSA Club meetings and service projects, demonstrates a Christ centered life, positive example for others, gives consistent effort in academic pursuit, genuine concern for others, demonstrates exemplary conduct and Christian character
- Bill McKinley Memorial Scholarship – $2,500 to a student who demonstrates compassion, possesses a forgiving heart, displays a generous spirit and provides encouragement to others.
- Louisville Elks Lodge #8 has several college scholarships available in the following areas: S.T.E.M., Liberal Arts, Vocational, Veterans, and Auxiliary S.T.E.M. For more information or applications, see your counselor.