As we wrap up another year, following are some important announcements moving into summer and fall:
- Warrior summer sports camps signups are under way, and online registration must be completed by June 1. Click here for camp offering details and to register.
- Fall sports signups were sent out yesterday, Monday, May 19. Please be sure to complete signups before June 3 by following the instructions per your email to register. Remember, middle school athletics now includes grades 5-8. Every athlete participating in fall sports will need a new physical. Physicals must be dated April 1, or later and must be turned in to the athletic director’s office before or on the first day of school.
- Any 5th-12th grade family interested in fall soccer should contact Coach O’Loughlin (email@example.com or (502) 751-3225) and/or Coach Heinz (firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 526-3449) if you do not have the summer soccer conditioning schedule.
- As we have seen a substantial increase in attendance, fan support, and school spirit at our athletic events we are now in need of volunteer concession managers. These volunteers will work with Tracy Baird, our Concessions Director, in making sure our concessions run at every event with excellence and a focus on hospitality. In addition, we are in need of guys or gals who are “grill-masters” to help grill food at the games. If this is a talent or passion of yours, please contact Tracy at Tracyb5@me.com or call the athletics office at (812) 944-6200 as soon as possible!
- Before we forget about spring, I want to remind everyone that we are about to begin sectionals in tennis, track, and baseball. Our girls high school tennis team plays tomorrow night, May 21, 5 p.m., at New Albany. CAI is favored to win its first tennis sectional in school history, so come out and support our Lady Warriors. Also, girls track begins tonight, May 20, and boys track sectionals are Thursday, May 22. The meets are held at Corydon Central this year and we’d love to see people there.
- Finally, the Athletic Office will be open Monday-Thursdays this summer from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. We will be closed from June 28-July 6, for the IHSAA moratorium.
Please do not hesitate to call or email me with any questions or needs.