As the fall sports season comes to an end and the end of season tournaments begin, please read the following for some pertinent information you need to know about athletics and fall break:
- HS Volleyball – Our girls will be playing over fall break, so we hope that any and all students and their families that will be in town will come out to support our Lady Warriors. Volleyball sectionals will begin the week we return from fall break, so come back prepared to march on with the Warrior Nation.
- MS Volleyball – Our last game is this Friday, October 3, at Borden at 6 p.m. Come out and cheer on our “Junior Lady Warriors!”
- HS Tennis – Our boys begin sectional play begins tomorrow, October 1, at New Albany High School at 4:15 p.m. Again, all available, please come out and support the Warrior Nation.
- MS Tennis -Our last match is today, September 30, vs. Lanesville.
- HS Girls Soccer – Our Lady Warriors begin sectional play next Monday, October 6, at Heritage Hills High School (Lincoln, Indiana)vs. North Harrison at 6 p.m. Though it is a long drive, it will be worth the trip to see our Lady Warriors avenge a seasonal loss to North Harrision and move on to the semi-finals of sectionals.The Warriors have posted an 11-3-2 record this year, setting the school record for most wins in a season.
- HS Boys Soccer – Our Warriors begin sectional play next Wednesday, October 8, at Providence High School vs. Lanesvilleat 5 p.m. We are looking for a huge Warrior Nation turn out as we begin our march towards another sectional title.
- HS Cross Country – Sectionals begin on October 11, at Crawford County. Our men and women have done an excellent job this year competing against some of the best schools in Indiana. Any and all students and their families in town over fall break should come out and support our Warriors Cross Country program run in the most exciting 15 minutes in sports (we hope)!
- MS Cross Country -The middle school cross country team will travel north of Indy this Saturday, October 4, and defend their state championship title at the Indiana State Middle School Cross Country Championships. Winning the majority of their runs this year and boasting some of the top runners in the state, we are excited about the chance to defend the state title.
The following are a couple of important reminders for this week:
- Winter sports begin when we return from fall break with tryouts, practices, etc… If you want to participate in a winter sport you must be registered by this Friday, October 3.
- CAI Armory has exciting new items available! Be sure to check out the new “Property Of” t-shirt design for juniors, as well as a unisex style. Also, the new “WARRIORS” embroidered 50″x 60″ fleece blanket for the cooler weather. Online orders for the new 2014 “Bling” design women’s shirt, available in fitted and non-fitted styles, in black or royal blue, will only be accepted online until this Friday, October 3. Pleaseorder your new “Bling” shirt soon! You may find all of these exciting new offerings here on the CAI Armory’s website. Thank you for supporting your CAI Warriors!
Finally, please note that the athletic office will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday during fall break from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. All other days and times we will be in and out of the office and traveling to games and tournaments. The quickest way to reach us will be by the phone numbers or email addresses listed below in case you have any questions or find an appointment is necessary.
- Ross Heinz, (502) 526-3449 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Harper, (502) 599-0420 or email@example.com
- Brett O’Loughlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your break, Lord willing, we will see you on the other side.