The first day of school is in sight! We want to remind everyone of our upcoming Back-to-School Drop-In on Monday, August 9, between 2-6 p.m. Please come to school anytime during these hours to meet your teachers, receive your student packet including class schedule and locker information (for middle school students), lunch account information, carpool tags, PTO information and everything you need to know for the first day of school. The first day of school will be on Wednesday, August 11, and the day will begin at 8:10 a.m. and end at 3:10 p.m. Kindergarten students will have half-days on August 11, 12, and 13, and will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m. for these three days.
Please bring the following items with you on August 9:
- All kindergarten families and all new 1st-8thgrade students must bring the Required Health Documents.
- All 6th grade students (new and returning) must bring the 6th Grade Required Health Documents.
- All school supplies for your grade level as listed on the Class Supply List.
- Completed K-5th grade optional Summer Reading Assignment.
- School Policy Commitment Form signed by parent and student – please thoroughly read the Southwest Elementary Family Handbook and/or read the Southwest Middle School Family Handbook. The handbooks contain valuable information regarding our school policies. The handbooks also contain all dress code requirements. Please note that Chapel Day is on Thursdays. Elementary (K-5th Grade) students will not have chapel on August 12, so chapel uniforms must be worn for the first time on Thursday, August 19. Middle school (6th-8th grade) students will have chapel on August 12, so they should be in chapel uniforms that day.
Please contact the school office at (502) 447-6500 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on August 9!