We will be offering our CAI Theatre Performance Camp this summer from June 14-18, and 21-25. Times are based on your student’s grade level for the current school year with high school / middle school students from 8:30 a.m.-12 noon and elementary students from 1-4:30 p.m. Performances at the conclusion of camp will be June 25, at 4:30 p.m. The high school / middle school students will be performing a variety of skits and musical numbers. These will range from skits like Abbott and Costello to music from Wicked. We have a vast array of ideas but we also are looking forward to the students input on this as part of the creative team. The elementary students will be performing Aladdin Kids. There are a lot of great roles and opportunities for growth through this show.
Please Note: We want to clarify that due to the fact that theatre wasn’t available for elementary this year, we are allowing the current 5th grade students to choose between joining the middle school students in the morning for camp or the elementary students in the afternoon. Please see the following/original email for the difference between the camps. Also, please make sure to clarify which camp your 5th grader will be attending on the form. Please let us know if you have any questions.
The purposes of camp are –
- to develop individual talents and a greater love and appreciation for theatre.
- to give different opportunities and experiences on the stage.
- to give more exposure and techniques to theatre.
- to give a better understanding of the different responsibilities in the theatre world.
The main objectives of camp are –
- High School – to learn multiple skits, songs and choreography to perform with excellence at the end of the camp. This will include allowing the students to be a part of the creative processes in choreography, script selection, staging, props and costumes. High School students also have the opportunity to help with the other section of the camp.
- Middle School – to learn how to stretch themselves in portraying specific characters on stage. This will include characterization, stage presence, rules of improv and many other skills. This will include allowing the students to be a part of the creative processes in choreography, script selection, staging, props and costumes.
- Elementary School – to receive more experience on the stage acting and singing. Developing all around talents that are needed in theatre, such as stage presence, choreography, singing and how to make the show the best it can be. The first day will focus on auditions. Instructions and help will be provided as the students prepare to audition for the available roles. Tips and personalized instruction will be given before the auditions are held that day.
The total cost is $225 ($200 for additional children in the same family) and includes a camp shirt, two tickets for the performance (per child enrolled), all staging and props needed, as well as all teaching materials.
If you are interested, please complete the sign-up form and return it to the office or Dr. Jason Branim along with payment by Friday, May 21 (extensions may be granted upon request).
We look forward to seeing everyone!