We are excited to announce that our volunteer sign ups for our house framing project with Help Build Hope are officially OPEN!
Here are the vital details that you’ll need to know before you sign up…
- On Friday, April 29, starting at 4 p.m. we need 30 physically strong people to volunteer to help move the lumber to its designated building areas which are within walking distance. We will also need 4 people during this same time frame who know how to use miter saws. Don’t worry, these saws and everything you’ll need will be provided.
- On Saturday, April 30, we are going to need 150 volunteers from start to finish. You will have the opportunity to sign up as a Crew LEADER or Crew MEMBER. If you sign up as a Crew Leader you MUST be in attendance for the training meeting on Friday night at 6:30 p.m. which will last approximately 1 hour. The only specialized training you’ll need is to attend the Friday night training, to be able to use a hammer and to make sure your group has a great time. If you sign up as a Crew Member, you need no previous training whatsoever.
- We are excited to have children 5 years or older join us on Saturday. Please note that everyone 18 years or older must sign a liability waiver during registration and parents must sign a waiver for their children. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent at all times. For those high school students between the ages of 16-18, your guardian must sign the waiver for you and then you’ll be allowed to serve.
- EVERYONE must wear close toed shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather. We’ve been told if it’s hot, we build. If it’s cold, we build. If it rains, we build. If it snows, we build. Please bring whatever will help you feel the most comfortable as we build in whatever weather we are given. All hammers, nails, etc. will be provided.
- Breakfast snacks, plenty of bottled water and sack lunches will be provided throughout the day. This is courtesy of our incredible PTO at English Station. Thank you for all that you do to serve us and the community! We appreciate you!
- Once we reach the needed volunteer quota of 150, please note, we do plan to cut off the online registration because let’s be honest, no one wants to idly stand around. But…rest assured…due to your incredibly generous and kind hearts…We as a CAL family have not only given enough money to build one house…not just two houses…but THREE HOUSES! So if you can’t volunteer to help with this house in April, don’t worry we are hoping to build two more houses this summer. So be on the lookout for that information coming soon.
- Last but not least…Here is the link to register online.
Should you have any questions or needs, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via email. I’m really looking forward to serving with you and your families on the 29th and 30th.
April 29 | Cut Day and Training
4 p.m. Start Time for Cut
6:30 p.m. Start Time for Training
April 30 | Build Day
8 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Devotions and Instructions
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Construction of Walls and Loading
12:30 – 1 p.m. Site Clean-up and Truck Load-up