Who wants to help build more hope and houses with us because it’s officially time to sign up to volunteer with Help Build Hope (HBH) again!
If you’ll remember back to last year, our amazing CAL community raised enough money to build three homes with HBH. In fact, last April we constructed the frame of one house and then transported it to Dawson Springs, Kentucky where it’s been assembled and a family is already making it a home. Would you like to see the difference this house is making? If so, click here! Now it’s time for us to build the frames for houses #2 and #3.
Following are the details about the event and how you can sign up to volunteer…
- CUT DAY and TEAM LEADER TRAINING is on Friday, March 3, starting at 4 p.m. On this day, we need 30 physically strong people to volunteer to help move the lumber to it’s designated building areas which are within walking distances. We will also need 4 people during this same time frame who know how to use miter saws. Don’t worry, these saws and everything you’ll need will be provided.
- If you can only volunteer for Friday night, awesome! Please still sign up.
- If you would like to be a team leader on Saturday, you have to be available for the team leader training on Friday evening. (The only requirements for a team leader is a great attitude and the ability to help others.)
- BUILDLING DAY is on Saturday, March 4, starting at 8 a.m. On this day, we are going to need 175-225 volunteers from start to finish. You will have the opportunity to sign up as a crew member. (Again, if you sign up as a Team Leader you MUST be in attendance for the training meeting on Friday night which will last approximately one hour.) If you sign up as a crew member, you do not need any previous training whatsoever.
- We are excited to have children 5 years or older join us on Saturday. Please note that everyone 18 years or older must sign a liability waiver during registration and parents must sign a waiver for their children. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent at all times. For those high school students between the ages of 16-18, your guardian must sign the waiver for you and then you’ll be allowed to serve.
- EVERYONE must wear close toed shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather. We’ve been told if it’s hot, we build. If it’s cold, we build. If it rains, we build. If it snows, we build. Please bring whatever will help you feel the most comfortable as we build in whatever weather we are given. All hammers, nails, etc. will be provided.
- Breakfast snacks, plenty of bottled water and sack lunches will be provided throughout the day.
- Ok…it’s officially time to register to volunteer! Click here to sign up to Help Build Hope in the form of 2 houses that will go to Mayfield, Kentucky!
- Are you still debating if this is something you and your family would enjoy? Or maybe you’re curious how your elementary age students would be involved…Well, debate no longer. Check out this video we made during our first house build in April 2022.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ace Hubbard, Director of Missions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are really looking forward to serving together again as a CAL community!